I rock the dark circles

I am sleepy. Very sleepy. What made me think waiting to write this blog until 1 o'clock was a good idea? Okay, I write most of my blog entries late, but normally I'm not so sleep deprived.

Last night I trained for the roving part of my new job. I was out until 2 a.m. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I was all bundled up so it wasn't terribly cold. And we had some action. We had to radio the cops (not for anything big, the lock on a door was broken and we needed someone to fix it). But I can see where the rove would be a lot less fun if you were alone (which I would be normally). BUT I might not have to do the rove shift afterall. I might get to switch to a desk only position. I would lose about $0.20 an hour and have to move one of my classes (just an art class) to a different day, but I think the sleep benefits would be well worth it.

After I got off work, I went home and slept...for a few hours at least. Then I had class from 8-10. In my writing class we discussed the difference between hanging out and going on dates. In biology we discussed the definition of life. So much more complex than you would think. But my professor is hilarious. He just might convince me not to hate science. After class it was back to work for 5 busy hours. But I like my job. I get to see a ton of people, and it's kind of fun. It just might be a job I keep for the rest of my student career :)

After work I had planned on taking a nap, but I was too tired to nap. Weird, but true. I went to dinner with Caroline and then we walked to her brother's apartment. He let us borrow the car for a quick trip to the mall and Wal*Mart. Then we hurried back to see a Divine Comedy show. It was absolutely hilarious. I love BYU comedy. Clean and pee-your-pants-funny. After the show everyone wanted to do something, but I could feel that I was about to crash. Obviously I didn't let the crash stop me from having fun though. We didn't really do anything, but it was still a good night. We talked to people in the Cannon for awhile. We finally met the awesome breakdancer we've been wanting to talk to. Then we went to the Creamery to hang out.

Oh the Creamery. I sat at the counter (even though I didn't actually order anything) and talked to the workers. I had to get to know the new kids since shifts changed this semester. One of the new workers was Meg. She was nice. I learned all about her relationship and even ended up writing her boyfriend a note on a napkin. He needs to get baptised and marry her in the temple. I alluded to such in the napkin. And by alluded I mean I said "get baptised". That will be the most important napkin of his life. At one point Meg (the worker not my friend Megan) was trying to tell this boy he had forgotten his free juice. I'm loud, so I got his attention and told him about his juice. He was very thankful. In fact, awhile later he came back and asked for my number. Moral of the story: never let a man forget his free orange juice.

When the Creamery closed I came back to the dorms and talked with Megan and Carine until I just couldn't stay awake anymore. We always have the best conversations. I love those girls. But now I think I'm going to listen to my body and sleep. Sleep a LOT.

I rocked the dark circles under my eyes today.


Popular Posts