It's a PB&J kind of day

Another beautiful sunny day here in Provo. Oh how I love this spring weather. Dear winter, don't come back.

Today was an excellent day. I woke up late. Intentionally. I showered last night since I had been playing volleyball, so I decided I could skip my morning shower. Normally I hate not taking a shower in the morning, but I think I like sleep more than showers. Anyway, I slept in and then went to Book of Mormon. It was a good class. Quote of the day from Book of Mormon class:

“I have little or no fear for the boy or the girl, the young man or the young woman, who honestly and conscientiously supplicate God twice a day for the guidance of His Spirit. I am sure that when temptation comes they will have the strength to overcome it by the inspiration that shall be given to them. Supplicating the Lord for the guidance of His Spirit places around us a safeguard, and if we earnestly and honestly seek the guidance of the Spirit of the Lord, I can assure you that we will receive it.” -Heber J. Grant (Gospel Standards, Salt Lake City: The Improvement Era, 1969, p. 26; italics added.)

After Book of Mormon I came back to my room to have the perfect lunch. I watched devotional on my laptop and ate a delicious pb&j, baked lays, pretzels, and cookie dough. It doesn't get much better than that. The window was open and the sun was shining. Ahhhh it was just perfect. It pretty much made my day. But don't worry, it only gets better.

I was walking to my child development class and some random stranger boy told me I looked very nice :) I guess I should wear dress clothes on campus more often. Thank you random stranger boy, you put a smile on my face. Gotta love BYU boys.

Child development was great, as usual. The entire time I was thinking about changing my major to human development. It still feels so...right. I'm still not making any official decisions. Not yet. Not until after General Conference. But, this is getting very serious. I'm pretty sure it's going to happen. Scary. Exciting.

Megan and I went to the temple after I was done with class. She had her brother's car so it took approximately 2 seconds to get there. A bit different than the usual 20 minute walk. Usually the temple is pretty empty when I go on Tuesday afternoons, but today it was so busy. There was a big group from St. George (why they came to the Provo temple when there is a beautiful temple in St. George is beyond me). But I guess that's why it was so busy today. Even with having a car (which saved about 40 minutes) I got back to the dorms half an hour later than usual. But it was nice to spend some extra time in the temple.

When I got home from the temple I went back to work on my bio paper...and ate another pb&j. It's just perfect pb&j weather. I keep getting distracted from my paper, so I'm still not done. But it's coming along well. If I didn't always have brilliant ideas, sudden nap urges, and Caroline as a roommate I would probably be done with the paper by now. Instead I'll just push it off until tomorrow. You win, biology. You win. But only for tonight.

PB&Js put the "p" in perfect days.


Popular Posts