Sunday Stroll to Ice Adventure

Today was warm (relatively...it was in the 40s), so I decided to take a walk after dinner. When Chloe heard that I wanted to take a walk, she suggested that we drive over to Utah Lake and walk around. I was in a pretty adventurous mood, so I readily agreed. Next thing I knew, 5 of the 6 roommates were piled into the car and headed to the lake.

The lake was beautiful and freezing. Remember how I had originally planned on a leisurely stroll in the nice sunshiney warmish weather? Yeah, well that's what I was dressed for. We're talking a skirt and flip flops. Oh, and the lake? FROZEN. Literally frozen. Megan, Becca, and Chloe even ventured out onto the ice. Greta and I, ever the cautious ones of the bunch, stayed ashore to call 9-1-1 if needed.

Although by the end of our adventure I had lost all feeling in my toes, it was totally worth it to be able to take in the breathtaking scenery around us. I am constantly amazed at the beauty of this world.

Comments

Popular Posts