HELLO WORLD! I am alive. After three days of not leaving my bed, I ventured back into the world today. Boy oh boy, there is nothing so wonderful as health. Sickness is such a good reminder to be grateful for health. I'm kind of a baby about being sick. It's really hard for me to remember that I was healthy before and I will be healthy again. But once I'm healthy it's really hard for me to remember how awful being sick is. Knowing this, my roommates gauge how well I am feeling by our topics of conversation:
And now, a list of Lisa Lately stories:
- On Thursday (when I was sick, but not bedridden sick) Greta had a hot date. I had Facebook stalked the guy, naturally, but I hadn't seen him in person yet and I wanted a glimpse. So when I heard the knock at the door and Greta got up to answer it, I said "NOOO! Let me get it!" And jumped out of bed and ran to the door. Unfortunately, Carine beat me to it. When I saw Carine was at the door, I got distracted and ran straight into a wall--just in time for Greta's date to see, of course.
- I also walked into a door this weekend. I don't have a good excuse for that one. But I was carrying a glass of water, and it made for a really great Seaworld reenactment.
- While we're on this spilling water thing, I also learned that, no matter how good of an idea it seems at 4am, drinking water while laying down is impossible without a straw. Let's just say I dumped a class of water all over myself. Too tired to do anything about it, I flipped my pillow over and went right back to sleep.
- I think my sensitive gag reflex might have made its grand return. Lovely. I coughed so much a threw up. Kind of understandable. But then I threw up because I brushed my teeth. Gagging while brushing teeth? Normal. Actually vomiting? Not okay. It went something like this:
- Brush. Vomit. Re-brush, because umm...gross vomit taste in my mouth. Vomit, because evidently I can't have a toothbrush in my mouth without dying. Brush, again. Vomit. Give up.
Shout out to all the lovely friends who brought me food while I was sick! You da best.